Orbital’s 35 year history of innovation in engine development technology is now focused within Orbital UAVE to design, develop and construct the world’s best engines and propulsion systems for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
Utilising Orbital’s proprietary FlexDI™ fuel injection technology and Argon ECUs, Orbital UAVE has developed products with the unique ability to provide a "heavy fuel" solution required for military applications.
Developed specifically for use in unmanned aerial vehicles, Orbital UAVE’s propulsion systems offer best-in-class aircraft range, reduced operating costs and improved reliability.
Orbital UAVE provides engine development, testing, validation and refurbishment services in world class facilities. With the right combination of academic qualifications and hands on experience concept and detailed designs, prototyping and sourcing, testing and validation are executed in-house by our dedicated team.
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: WORLD CLASS DEVELOPMENT, TESTING & PRODUCTION
INSITU ORBITAL N20 ENGINE
In collaboration with Orbital UAVE, Insitu has developed a new heavy fuel engine and fuel system for small UAV aplications.
The propulsion system delivers industry-leading relaibility, airworthiness, fuel economy, acoustic non-detectability and total cost of ownership advantages.
- Up to 40% more fuel efficient than conventional engines.
- Low total cost of ownership
- Clean sheet design
- Reliable cold start and cold operation
- Designed for smooth operation with low vibration
- Maintenance-free multi-pass aluminium muffler
- Designed and tested to meet FAA regulations
- Fuels: Jet A, Jet A1, JP5, JP8
- Gross Shaft Power: 2.4kW at 6,500rpm, sea level
- Speed Rating: 3,000-6,500rpm
- Net Electrical Power: 210W at 28V for vehicle use
- Environmental: -30C to 490C, up to 20,000ft MSL, 0-100% humidity
- Engine Type: 50cc single cylinder, spark ignited, two-stroke
- Fuel Injection: Air assisted direct injection
- Induction: Reed valve
- Lubrication system: Oil injected
- Cooling system: Passive air cooled
- Vehicle interface: SAE CAN protocol
- Initial Fielding TBO / Service Life: 450 / 900 hours*
*Significant increase in TBO and Service life ratings planned
after introductory period.
ORBITAL’s own air assisted direct in-cylinder injection provides the highest level of internal combustion engine efficiency and superior endurance. FlexDI™ Superior Fuel Atomisation means:
- Air assisted direct fuel injection
- Very fine atomisation of fuel droplets
- Spray guided, stratified charge combustion system
- Spark-ignited combustion
- Multi-fuel: Gasoline, JP5, JP8, Jet A
OUR CUSTOMERS INCLUDE
To discuss your particular requirements call us today: